Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AssfaultJunkie AssfaultForumJunkie meangreen10r's Avatar

Oil and filter deals

Anyone get deals on oil and filters? I am getting ready to service mine for the winter. I need 8 qts of synthetic oil and 2 k&n filters for 04-05 zx10r. Just seeing if i could get a deal before I go and pay full retail. Plus I would rather buy from a junkie!

BretMichaels +UltimateForumJunkie PREZ's Avatar
    i know we can get deals on filters. Oil's are allot harder to get deals on.
    PRESIDENT ASSFAULT JUNKIES
    AFJ Race shop owner
    Call for your bikes needs 513-321-2087
    AMA PRO#816
    SPONSORS:National Cylinder head,614 paintworkz,SPARTAN LEATHERS,Lithium motorsports,woodcraft CFM,NITEK USA,Bestem USA,Schweitzer Construction,Dunlop

Any help would be great. It would beat going retail and spending over $100

BretMichaels +UltimateForumJunkie PREZ's Avatar
    k&n are like $12
    PRESIDENT ASSFAULT JUNKIES
    AFJ Race shop owner
    Call for your bikes needs 513-321-2087
    AMA PRO#816
    SPONSORS:National Cylinder head,614 paintworkz,SPARTAN LEATHERS,Lithium motorsports,woodcraft CFM,NITEK USA,Bestem USA,Schweitzer Construction,Dunlop

Honda&YamahaOEMPartsGuru! AssfaultFreak DENIRO's Avatar
    K&N oil filters ZX10R $10.50 a piece. Let me know. What kind of oil are you looking for?

I use rotella synthetic and Puroilator filters from wal mart.

Most modern motorcycles use the filter I call type [5], so this is the filter where I give you the most options. Personally, I always use Purolator Pure One PL14610s, which, along with the Mobil-1 M1-110 is clearly the best oil filter available. A small step down are the Bosch and SuperTech filters. These filters all have advanced filter media which is clearly superior to anything else on the market. The SuperTech filters, at $2 each, are a real steal. The AMSOil filters also have the advanced media, but they only have a very few square inches of it. Because of my fear that these can become clogged up too easily, I cannot recommend them. The remaining filters all have "normal" media, and have significantly poorer performance in capturing particles. I recommend you avoid Fram and Pennzoil filters.

Here is a conversion chart if you choose to do this.

http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterXRef.html

The commercial grade oils are clearly superior to the mass market oils. For the best protection in your bike or car, use Shell Rotella Synthetic, available at Wal-Mart in blue containers for $13 / gallon. For the best petroleum oil you can buy, get Shell Rotella T, Mobil Delvac 1300, or Chevron Delo 400, about $7 / gallon at any auto parts store. On the back of most oil cans is a circular stamp with the certification. Avoid oils that say "energy conserving" in the bottom half of the donut. These oils contain friction modifier additives that could cause clutch slipping over time. All XXw-20 and XXw-30 oils are energy conserving, and should not be used in your motorcycle. 10w-40 oils should not be used in a motorcycle that runs the engine oil through the transmission. Don't buy any oil additives like STP or Slick-50
    1990 FZR 1000
    1990 FZR 600
    2004 YZFR1

Almost all of the comments under this article express the opinion that kids discarded by the corporations are not only expected to keep their mouths shut and make themselves invisible to those who have been granted seats in the lifeboat, but they are also obligated to care about the comfort and facilitate the routines of people who do not care if they live or die.
    Guess what.
    Not caring what becomes of someone is a two-way street.
    You have nothing to give them?
    They have nothing to give you.

-Bill Appledorf of British Columbia Canada

I have a deal going on Motul 300V 10/40 with either oem or K&N oil filters

PM me for details!
    www.xtrmsbks.com

twitter.com/xtrmsbks

Quote Originally Posted by fzrkentucky View Post
    I use rotella synthetic and Puroilator filters from wal mart.

Most modern motorcycles use the filter I call type [5], so this is the filter where I give you the most options. Personally, I always use Purolator Pure One PL14610s, which, along with the Mobil-1 M1-110 is clearly the best oil filter available. A small step down are the Bosch and SuperTech filters. These filters all have advanced filter media which is clearly superior to anything else on the market. The SuperTech filters, at $2 each, are a real steal. The AMSOil filters also have the advanced media, but they only have a very few square inches of it. Because of my fear that these can become clogged up too easily, I cannot recommend them. The remaining filters all have "normal" media, and have significantly poorer performance in capturing particles. I recommend you avoid Fram and Pennzoil filters.

Here is a conversion chart if you choose to do this.

http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterXRef.html

The commercial grade oils are clearly superior to the mass market oils. For the best protection in your bike or car, use Shell Rotella Synthetic, available at Wal-Mart in blue containers for $13 / gallon. For the best petroleum oil you can buy, get Shell Rotella T, Mobil Delvac 1300, or Chevron Delo 400, about $7 / gallon at any auto parts store. On the back of most oil cans is a circular stamp with the certification. Avoid oils that say "energy conserving" in the bottom half of the donut. These oils contain friction modifier additives that could cause clutch slipping over time. All XXw-20 and XXw-30 oils are energy conserving, and should not be used in your motorcycle. 10w-40 oils should not be used in a motorcycle that runs the engine oil through the transmission. Don't buy any oil additives like STP or Slick-50
    So what weight oil do you use of the shell Rotella T synthetic?

I use the 5w-20 full synthetic. Tuna uses rotella too I think the same blend
    1990 FZR 1000
    1990 FZR 600
    2004 YZFR1

Almost all of the comments under this article express the opinion that kids discarded by the corporations are not only expected to keep their mouths shut and make themselves invisible to those who have been granted seats in the lifeboat, but they are also obligated to care about the comfort and facilitate the routines of people who do not care if they live or die.
    Guess what.
    Not caring what becomes of someone is a two-way street.
    You have nothing to give them?
    They have nothing to give you.

-Bill Appledorf of British Columbia Canada

wont hurt the ZX-10? I have never used it before. I have heard many good things about it though. I have always used factory rec. of 10w-40. I will give it a shot though.