Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New Daily Driver

Well looks like VW should be buying back my TDI Passat sometime soon, so it figured it was about time to pick up a replacement daily driver.

It's a little more fun to drive than the Passat.

AssfaultJunkie AssfaultForumJunkie rctaylor's Avatar
    Whoo nice. You seem like a manual guy. What do you think so far?
    youtube.com/becausemotorcycle
    facebook.com/becausemotorcycle

sawweeetttt!
    Quit working so hard to fit in, work hard to stand out. | If you can't shoot it, race, sleep with it or eat it, then you just don't need it. | Don't let your throttle hand write a check that your ass can't cash.
    Motoseries #511

AssfaultJunkie Hardass meandmy750's Avatar
    Lets hit 10/22 with it.... believe there are some other cagers on here that would want to too
    Bikes i own....

2009 triumph street triple r street bike
    2008 gsxr 600 track
    2008 kawi ninja 250 sold
    2006 gsxr 750 sold
    2006 gsxr 750 sold
    2003 gsxr 600 sold
    2001 suzuki katuna 600 sold

GeriatricJunkie UltimateForumJunkie aforrest4's Avatar
    Beautiful ride!
    They are a blast to drive too, as long as there is no rain or snow.
    Ride within your limits. Last one riding wins!
    02 FZ1 Sold & 07 CBR 600RR track bike
    KTM Super Duke, 05 Sprint ST Sold
    WERA # 4

Quote Originally Posted by meandmy750 View Post
    Lets hit 10/22 with it.... believe there are some other cagers on here that would want to too

Yesssssss. I'm down as long as temps are at least 60. Something something traction.

Well at least by the time it's 60 something again, the car will be broke in.

It's definitely more fun to drive than my Passat. We've had an auto allowance at work for a while now that had certain requirements, so my daily driver had to be 4-door and mid-size. We are losing that so I'm no longer have any such requirements, so I figured might as well get something I enjoy since it's now coming out of my pocket.

As for what I think, it's definitely fun to drive. It handles excellent. When you want to have fun and throw it around a corner sideways you just turn the stability control off, and it does so in a controlled, graceful manner. They are just as tail happy as everyone says they are for sure. It takes nothing at all to hang the rear out. I've been keeping the RPMs low, as it's a new car and want to break it in some more before really hammering on it. I know my dad had a 350Z as a daily driver for a while and that was his only complaint about the car even after some mods was lack of torque, and I'll say the 370Z seems a bit better in this department. It's still not a V8 car, but it's handling, refinement, suspension, and just being plain fun to drive make up for it's lack of straight line power compared to say a Mustang / Camaro. My other choice was actually a Mustang GT Premium, after going between the two dealers, I ended up buying this.

As for down sides, The dealer used BP gas, and it's been cold out so hopefully that explains my abnormally lower fuel economy. I have mostly all highway mileage, and so I expected to be near the 28 MPG they claim for highway, I've barely cracked 22 MPG. We'll see how it goes as it breaks in some. Storage space, admittedly, since I got the spot tech so I lost at least one storage compartment to the touch screen, but then again it's a 2 seat "sports car", so what can I expect. Even with the Bose sound package you get just the speakers in the dash and the doors, none behind you, again just the way the car is designed, and adding speakers would add weight, trade-offs of a sports car. My final gripe is something many new cars do, it's the lowering / raising of the windows when you open and close the doors. So really I don't have any serious complaints to speak of.

Still in the first tank of gas too, so all this is my initial impressions too, so perhaps ask me what I think again in 6 months.

Anyone know anything about TPMS sensors? My dad has some wheels from a 350Z (they are the Rays forged ones) that I was thinking about using for winter wheels / tires that already have the TPMS sensors, they where either 07-08 wheels I believe. Since these are OEM Nissan TPMS sensors, will my car just recognize these? They don't have tires mounted on them currently so I can't just try it unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
    Well at least by the time it's 60 something again, the car will be broke in.

Tuesday and Wednesday should be close lol. If it's next spring, hopefully I'll have the bigger intercooler installed and be tuned. May even keep up with the Z.

Quote Originally Posted by meandmy750 View Post
    ^ I am getting tired of my eastside loop lol
    16 STI

R those wheels factory? nice ride.
    '' Practice dosen't make perfect, PERFECT practice makes PERFECT!''