Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A deer hit the side of my car!

And it FUCKED my car up!

I was getting on the eastbound onramp from 5 mile onto 275, going about 30-40 mph when it ran straight into the side of my car. I didn't even see it.

Ive heard that Hamilton county is liable for deer collisions as long as the deer hit you, as in the side of your car. Has anyone heard of this!?

I don't want to file a claim with my insurance because my rates will surely increase, but the sheriff that took the report had no idea about how I could go about going after the state of ohio...

Anybody have recommendations? hire an attorney? There is damage to the entire left side of my car, and I have a $1k deductible

token dyke UltimateForumJunkie Catchup's Avatar
    dude, that will buff right out...

:/ ugh sorry..
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Katifer, KANATUNA, and dhughes - respectively
    I wasn't invited.
    I have a low tolerance for stupid assholes.
    At least I rode a 250 for a month or so lol

Insurance won't go up from a deer! Its covered under comprehensive!

Not sure here but why would the county cover it? There is the deductible. But insurance shouldn't go up.

Quote Originally Posted by prowakeskater View Post
    And it FUCKED my car up!

I was getting on the eastbound onramp from 5 mile onto 275, going about 30-40 mph when it ran straight into the side of my car. I didn't even see it.

Ive heard that Hamilton county is liable for deer collisions as long as the deer hit you, as in the side of your car. Has anyone heard of this!?

I don't want to file a claim with my insurance because my rates will surely increase, but the sheriff that took the report had no idea about how I could go about going after the state of ohio...

Anybody have recommendations? hire an attorney? There is damage to the entire left side of my car, and I have a $1k deductible

I have heard that too about the county taking care of it.

I've never heard of the county taking care of it. But I have had the same thing happen. If it's true that it's on the county, then I wish I had known about it when I got hit. Thing jumped over a bush and landed right in the side of my car! Good thing he got up and ran off because I was ticked and woulda beat the crap out of that thing with the bat in my car

FNG CornerCamper
    A deer ran out and smashed up my dads truck on 2 occasions,his new truck attracts mean deer.

Quote Originally Posted by GsXr1000bIlL View Post
    Insurance won't go up from a deer! Its covered under comprehensive!
    This....^
    1990 FZR 1000
    1990 FZR 600
    2004 YZFR1

Almost all of the comments under this article express the opinion that kids discarded by the corporations are not only expected to keep their mouths shut and make themselves invisible to those who have been granted seats in the lifeboat, but they are also obligated to care about the comfort and facilitate the routines of people who do not care if they live or die.
    Guess what.
    Not caring what becomes of someone is a two-way street.
    You have nothing to give them?
    They have nothing to give you.

-Bill Appledorf of British Columbia Canada

Blog Entries
    New car? I here J-dub does good cheap work

PREZ 4 PREZ

GeriatricJunkie UltimateForumJunkie aforrest4's Avatar
    You got off lucky.
    Deer can screw up a car!
    Glad you are OK
    Ride within your limits. Last one riding wins!
    02 FZ1 Sold & 07 CBR 600RR track bike
    KTM Super Duke, 05 Sprint ST Sold
    WERA # 4